Sunday 9 October 2011

Products I've been loving.. Part One!

Ok so it has been a long time... hence quite a few products to blog about.... Starting with skincare/haircare then I will move onto makeup...

Sorry about the terrible photo...it was dark!


Chanel Sublimage Essential Comfort Cleanser
Starting with skincare, the first product I'm loving is a new cleanser Chanel have just launched. Ok this is the most expensive cleanser I have ever tried but... it is beautiful. I only have a sample size at present which has lasted me ages as you need so little of this product. It has a similar concept to the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser but very different texture. The product comes out like a gel... you massage on to dry skin excluding eyes untill the product 'breaks' turning into a beautiful non greasy oil. This is when you move the product onto the eyes. Finally once all the makeup has lifted you use the cotton cloth to remove. Now I know what you are all thinking... its just an expensive version of the Hot cloth cleanser... but its soo much more.. For one this product would last me for ages and ages... roughly 6 months is the guide. Also the cloth is the much better quality. The cleanser contains Jojoba oil and camelia oil to give comfort to the skin. Being combination I thought this cleanser would leave me with an oily residue but it really does the opposite leaving my skin super soft! Ok.... for the price.... for 150ml its RRP is £68 but I was very suprised how little I needed. The sample size is 5 ml and its lasted me 7 washes and there is still some left.The down side to this product is that you only receive one cloth :(   I will keep you updated on this product as as we all know skincare products take time to properly judge so once I start on  my full size I will get back to you!!

Moving along to the next product.....

Vitamin E Body Butter from The Body Shop
Love love love this stuff. I had been on the hunt for a body butter that gave me ultimate hydration without leaving my skin sticky or greasy. This definitely does the job. A big thing for me is having a body butter that isnt fragranced as I don't like it to affect it. I originally came across the body shop body butters when I got one free in a magazine a few months ago but it was mango.. nice but a little sickly! So I wondered into the body shop and couldn't believe how many they do. It retails at £12.50 but they do last as you don't need much. Definately will repurchase!

Kerastase Ciment Thermique
Every since I have had more blonde put in my hair it has felt more dry than ever before. I had used this product before and loved it so thought I should give it another go. It's described as a 'heat-activated reconstructor milk' and is primarily for weakened hair.. I definately qualify for that! You apply it to damp hair and blowdry as normal. I was also told that I could mix this with a drop of my Kerastase Oil which works well too. You don't have to use this everytime you wash your hair as it lasts 5 lots of heat meaning if you use straightners etc it would last 5 lots of using each heat appliance. I have been using this everytime though as I feel I need it. For 125ml I think I paid about £19.50 but worth every penny for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment