Tuesday 11 October 2011

Products I've been loving..Part Two

Ok so moving on to makeup! ....Yey

First up....

Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser


There are two people I blame for making me make this purchase. The culprits are Tanya @ pixi2woo and Laura @ buynowbloglater. After them both saying how amazing this tinted moisturiser was but how stupidly expensive it was I just had to go and visit my nearest Space NK and take a look! Now  I have been on the hunt for a tinted moisturiser that doesn't leave me greasy... doesn't oxidise making me look orange a few hours later.. and one that stays put. On my day off I really dislike wearing foundation so tinted moisturiser is the next best thing to giving my skin a bit of 'something.' When I went into the store the consultant let me compare it to the famous Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser on the back of my hand. To me the Laura Mercier just felt like foundation... and the just skin by Chantecaille... well lets just say.. I quite frankly fell in love. The texture is lightweight yet it seems to give me coverage like no other tinted moisturiser has given me. I purchased the colour tan which was perfect considering I self tan. Even though the colour is one of the darkest it really isn't that dark once blended. I believe there are 5 shades in total. It contains an SPF 15 which is a bonus and is said to have honeysuckle, green tea and edelweiss which are antioxidant and anti-pollution properties...fancy!! Ok this little beauty retails at .... *coughs* £55 but trust me I think you will believe its worth it. Watching one of pixi2woo's latest video she has started mixing it with a little foundation which also works really well.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine 'Bonheur' #61


Love love these lipsticks, but this colour is really standing out for me at the moment as it's that perfect berry colour for Autumn. I'm not quite in the mood for full on colour lipstick yet for Autumn/Winter.. I will get there but in the mean time this has got a place in my makeup bag! RRP £23

Ok... I haved saved the best till last...this is kind of a makeup product....

Rapid Lash

Ok... if you read my first ever post you would have seen that I couldn't live without my lash extensions. Oh times have changed. I realised that realistically I couldn't go on forever having them and I started to think about the strain it was putting on my natural lashes. So off they came and this is what was left...
                                                        After removing lash extensions

I wouldn't say they were in terrible condition but they definately weren't as long and thick as what they were before. I was having serious withdrawal symptoms from having long lushious lashes so I began the hunt for a good conditioning product that could potentially make them grow. I wandered into Boots and stared at the array of lash products. The one that stood out for me was Rapid Lash. It got a cosmo award last year and I also believe it won this years 'best lash enhancing' product also.
So off I trot back home to do a bit of googling to see what reviews I can find.... and they all come out really positive...

Application of the product is to apply it like you would a liquid liner. Ive included a picture of the product below

It has to be applied religiously every night before bed on clean eyes. Now.. you have to be patient with this as it doesn't work overnight. It can take some people upto 8 weeks to even see a slight result. I am 7 weeks in and wow this stuff works. I probably haven't seen full results yet which is exciting as I love what it's done so far. Now.. after about 4 weeks of using this product I went for a lash lift (new version of a lash perm) ready for my holidays. The photo below shows what my lashes are like now. I had my lash lift 3 weeks ago so they have dropped but the photo is to mainly show you the length that rapid lash has given my lashes. I have also found that my new lashes are coming through darker and curlier and thicker.... Amazing. I have no mascara on in either photo,


 As with all products like this if you stopped using it your lashes would go back to how they were before. A tube of this retails at £41 and last 3 months. It can also be used on brows aswell! People have noticed better results than others so it is definately a case of trying for yourself. Check out makeupalley for the best reviews. So for those of you who want to get healthier lashes I would definately recommend.

3 comments:

  1. I want to try Rapid Lash so much, it's not cheap but I think it would be a good investment if it gave me lovely lashes! x

    http://mmmmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's working for me :) it is definitely an investment and yes you do have to stick at it but worth it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so many new impressions here :) The lipstick looks amazing. a bit too much for me though.. i am more of a nude.. pinkish lipstick girl :)

    maybe u also wanna check out my blog eheh

    http://shadesof-ivory.blogspot.co.at/

    x Jenny

    ReplyDelete