Tuesday 8 November 2011

Chanel Perfection Lumiere


Hi  guys. Sorry about the lack of blogs again :(  I shouldn't be making excuses but I've been working away from my home city lately and by the time I get home... eat... take my face off... it's time to go to bed!! Apologies!

Anyway.. back to the product review!! I managed to get hold of the brand new Chanel Perfection Lumiere thanks to a friend who was in New York. As I had a sneaky preview of it through work I knew my colour etc but knew I couldn't wait till the launch date!
This foundation will replace the discontinued Pro Lumiere and Mat Lumiere. (boooo!) I hear you cry but I promise  you will fall in love with what Perfection Lumiere will offer you. If I'm being honest it sways more towards being a replacement for Mat Lumiere as it has a definate matte finish. For Pro Lumiere lovers you will not get the dewy look that Pro can give. For me Pro Lumiere was way to shiny on the skin and much preffered the finish Mat Lumiere gave me. I have also been loving Vitalumiere Aqua and for me this is similar but with more coverage and more staying power!

It applies like a dream, extremely silky and soft. Staright away you get a coverage to the skin without it looking heavy. Ideal coverage in my opinion. I've currently only applied this with a standard synthetic foundation brush and fingers. Once applied to the whole face it can look quite matte however after 10 minutes I feel I get this lovely 'Lumionous Matte' look. This is exactly how Chanel describe this foundation.


Chanel have defined the 'perfection' of the foundation in 3 words.



1. Universal - a respond to a universal desire for simple perfection

2. Invisible - the invisible structure of beauty on the inside

3. Infallible - Impeccable exactness, hold, balance and harmony
 
Perfection Lumiere Beige 40
 
I would have loved to have shown you a picture on my face but the lighting is soo terrible with these darks nights that unfortunately I've had to opt for the hand shot! I went for the colour Beige 40 which is a perfect shade for me. The UK will get 16 shades finally to cater for extremly fair skins to black skin (yey) These will include Beige Rose shades, Beige, and Beige Ambre, 3 different tones so you can match as perfect to your skin as you can.
Overall my verdict is love love love it! After a long day at work it is still in place :) I sometimes haven't bothered setting with a powder and still the foundation lasts. For me this is exactly how a foundation should be covering beautifully but without that heavy cakey feeling... Perfection!  I hope that you will all love it too and be able to wait till the launch date which is January 13th! I believe it will retail for £36.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh i do badly want this but so badly don't want my beloved Mat Lumiere discontinued xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust you will prefer this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fab foundation! Can't wait to try it!!
    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete